Happsa Group staff took part in Cultural Awareness Training at the Essendon Football Club recently.
The tailor-made training was put together and facilitated by the Long Walk Foundation.
The session included:
- Welcome to Country
- Welcome Dance by the Djirri Djirri Dance Group
- Overview of Melbourne’s Traditional Owners and the Kulin Nation art installation
- Overview of The Long Walk and why Michael walked
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flags meanings
- Aboriginal Nations , information on the diversity of Indigenous peoples
- Language groups in Victoria
- A tour of the Essendon Football Club
Group Managing Director Operations Harry Georgiou said the training formed part of an important step for Happsa Group in its journey to Reconciliation.
“We want our people to be informed and have a good awareness and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and cultures. Awareness and understanding are the first steps we are taking in our journey,” Harry said.
“We already have a corporate sponsorship in place with the Essendon Football Club and this year have extended this to include the Long Walk Foundation. We are proud to partner with them and are pleased that they have been able to facilitate the training for us.”